"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Autumn. Awesome.

Jake: "Allie, the leaves are changing colors because it's Autumn."
Allie: "Yeah.  Iz Awesome!"
Jake: "No! It's Autumn!"
Allie: "Yeah.  Awesome!"
Jake: "No! Allie, it's Autumn! It has a 'tuh' in it! It's Autumn!"
Allie: "I know! Iz Awesome!"

I usually stop his correcting at this point,
but I let it go way longer.
He finally gave up and told her it was Fall.
 
 

I have lots of updating to do.
We've been on many adventures since my last post.
I'll get to it eventually.

Until then, here are a few more quotes.
You may see lots more of these in the future
since this is the only place I have to "keep" these things.

(I have written a few things down elsewhere so you'll see some things from as far back as 18 mos.)

April 19, 2011 - Jake:  "Mama, you awre jus perfec!"

October 6, 2011 - Jake:  "Why does boogers need two holes ta lib in?"

October 4, 2012 - Allie:  "Ha-pee Berf-day, Brudder! Hers sum ap-pull juice!"

Allie: "Mama, wess count! waaaaaaan, twoooooooo, treeeeeeee, foooooooor, fiiiiiibe. Oh! Das pink!"
(she's easily distracted, ha!)

October 9, 2012 -   After our regular blessing at lunch, Jake continued with a line from 'Horton Hears a Who' - "All that we need is all that we've got. We thank you, we thank you, we thank you a lot!"


 
 

No comments: