"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

to market, to market

 Finally!
A real post.... kind of....

I can't believe school will be starting in FOUR weeks
and I've not posted anything from the summer.

One of our favorite things to do during the
summer (and fall) is go to the market.
Jake likes it for the waterslide.
Allie for the food!

We started the "market season" at
Dogwood Market in Flowood.
Meme was there, but the kids pretty much forgot about that
when I let them get in the water fountain....

 Livingston Market is our MOST favorite!

Last year was great because Allie pretty much stuck by me
and did what I wanted to do.
This year, she wants to be a big kid.
She's in the water as much as I'll let her.
She even went down the slide once!!

 Jake is ALWAYS at the water - barely comes up for air!
I usually have to drag him, kicking and screaming,
when it's time to leave.
 Although Allie loves the water,
her favorite activity is to see how much produce
she can inhale in the short time we're there!

She's a true fan of fresh produce!


 We've missed more times than we've been this year
because of being out of town or Allie being sick.

Hopefully that's all about to change.
 Of course they had to coordinate the week
before the 4th!
 And Baby Alek and Sissi even got to join that week!

Allie loves her some "Bay-bee Al-yik"!
 And, I think I may have found a secret to preventing the
kicking and screaming when it's time to leave.....

Snowcone!!

And they'll gladly share so I don't have to buy two!

Man I hope that snowcone truck is there every week...



No comments: