"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Nature Nuts - Hearts

I've had this post (with just the pictures) in "draft" for about a month or so now,
so I guess it's past time to write something and get it out....

Nature Nuts started back up in January,
but we had to miss because we were all sick.
We made the February session and the kids had a blast!

I think it was the largest group they've had since we've been going.
Quite often, last year, it was just the three of us.
All but one of the other kids there were from Jake's class,
but that's fine.
Friends are friends.

I found out at church this morning that
Mr. John is no longer with the
Nature Center because of lack of funding.
I'm kind of sad over this news,
but at least they're still doing NN.

February's session fell the day after Valentine's Day,
so Ms Terry had the kids look for hearts that she had hidden
around the trails.

The kids really had a great time once they
caught on to the "game".
I took these two pics (and a few more) when I saw
that look on his face.
That look says, "I'm up to something".
And, sure enough, as soon as I put the camera
down and turned my back....
he jumped....
and got laughs from all the other kids.

Poor Jake.
He's so shy, and hates to bring attention to himself.

And I know a little girl with the same problem.

Miss Allie started something at the pond.
She likes to jump too,
and couldn't resist jumping off the big rock.
Everyone else had to have a turn
once she was finished having her fun.
Allie found some "cheese".
Allie looooves cheese.
She didn't understand why she couldn't eat it....
We attempted a group shot several times.
This was the best we could do.
And I see trouble in the future if these four
stay friends.
And I hope they do!

Allie is in love/slightly obsessed with "Booper" (Cooper).
He's the one on the far right.
Sam and Cooper are (twins) in Jake's class.

As you can see,
Allie is just a regular ole big kid these days.
She's right in the middle of everything -
especially if Jake is involved.

We missed March's NN because of rain,
but hopefully they'll have something fun for
us this month!

2 comments:

MamaBrooke said...

Great blog! I have a blog too, but I don't get a chance to update it often. I have a nearly 3-year-old daughter.

I am also a freelance writer and I'm working on three parenting books. I need more writers to help with some of the chapters. If you're interested, email me...djforjesus@hotmail.com and I'll get you some details!

Brooke

Regina said...

That is so funny that she thought it was cheese! When is the April session? That stinks the that guy is not there anymore, he was a hoot the time we went.