"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Two Years Beautiful


Really?

Where does the time go?


I mean,
I'm pretty sure we just found out last month
that we were expecting a baby girl....

And when I had her,
(yesterday, right?)
I thought she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen!

But,
every time I look at her,
she's more beautiful than the last.
How does that happen?


And her personality?

Boy, does she have a big one!



*Sigh*

My 'baby' is no longer a baby.

At Christmas,
I thought she still looked like one....


But where did this big girl
with her long(ish) hair and bows
come from?

She thinks she's 5 years old!

I guess having (the best) two big brothers
will do that to you.
She doesn't miss a thing!
She's under them,
learning and taking notes,
at all times!
(Sometimes, that's not such a good thing!)


She's a music lover.
And a dancer.
She loves "twirwin" and being a "baddarina".

(we're accepting donations for dance class - I think she can start at age 3)
And, despite all the girlie-ness,
she could live outside.

Preferably, in the "whing".
She's been potty trained for a little over 3 months now,
and with that has come the "Addie do it" phase.
Complete with dressing herself.
Multiple times a day.
In whatever clothes she sees laying around.
(wearing jake's shorts as a pencil skirt - both her legs in one pant leg)
She loves cheesing for the camera.
And I love capturing all sides of her.
Even the fake smile.
If you've been around in the last 4 or 5 weeks,
you know that she thinks everyday is
"appy to you" day.

(Baskin Robbins ice cream cake from MeMe on her birthday.)
She still walks around singing to herself.

(cake made by me for her party - 2 wks after her b-day)


Along with "appy to you",
she sings many other songs all day long.
Her favorites include:
ABC's
Twinkle Twinkle
Gee-zus yubs me
Gee-zus ub da werl / Gee-zus red shirt (Jesus loves the little children)
E got da hooo werl (He's Got the Whole World in His Hands)
Ole McDonald
and any of the 50 songs she learned from her 1st semester of "use-ic cass" (music class)

And I just thought her brothers talked early/well and had a large vocabulary......
Sister's got them beat!!

Stats from 2-yr check
weight: 24lbs 4oz
height: 33in

She's in the 25th percentile for both.
(In English - she's petite)




**I hope to not be so long with the next post.  Blogger has changed some things and it has taken me a week to get this post done.  I've started and lost it several time.




No comments: